Tuesday 1 May 2012

Statistics - April

Greetings and salutations!

Here are some more stats for Jan-April. As at 1 May 2012, there's some mega statting going on!! Of the musicians I have met....
  • 48% are women
  • 52% of people therefore are men
  • 0% are anything else (to the best of my ability)
Of these 100% humans I have met....
  • 9% of musicians I have found are carrying brass instruments
  • 15% of musicians I have found are carrying woodwind instruments
  • 76% of musicians I have found are carrying string instruments
  • 0% of musicians I have found are carrying percussion instruments
  • 22% of musicians I meet express no interest in joining an orchestra for the challenge (the "no"s)
  • 59% of musicians I meet express possible interested (the "maybe"s)
  • 20% of musicians I meet express a positive interest in joining an orchestra (the "yes"s)
  • Therefore, I would say that I have a 79% chance of meeting an interested musician. Of this group, 69% give me their details (mainly e-mail, with some phone and facebook). The other 31% of interested people just take the website.
  • Of these musicians potentially interested, 40% of respond back to me.
  • Of this 40% of musicians that actually respond back, 90% of them are happy to be placed on a roster and get involved with the project. The other 10% are tentative.

So...based on this information, you could say I have a 28.5% change of finding an interested musician when I see them. But to break it down by instrument I have a....wait a minute....a...

  • 2.6% chance of finding a brass player who is interested enough to respond and be placed on a roster
  • 4.3% chance of finding a woodwind player who is interested enough to respond and be placed on a roster
  • 21.6% chance of finding a string player who is interested enough to respond and be placed on a roster
So...to make a full symphony orchestra..I would have to meet....1,134 musicians!!
Considering the amount I've already met, it's getting there.....


*Statistics are based on finding 100% of strangers to form an orchestra and do not take into account the musicians that perform in the band and will be principals on each instrument..

No comments:

Post a Comment