Monday 11 June 2012

Statistics - May

Greetings once more, dear viewers.

Apologies for the delays but I have been sunning myself in the Mediterranean. Anyway, here are some more stats for Jan-May. As at 31 May 2012. This is the new stats! Broken down by section, to show you a little more. Statting to the max!! So....

  • 7% of musicians I have found are carrying brass instruments. 
  • 19% of musicians I have found are carrying woodwind instruments
  • 74% of musicians I have found are carrying string instruments

BRASS

  • 13% are women
  • 87% are men
  • 63% express interest (yes) or possible interest (maybe)
  • 20% of these interested people respond and are happy to be added to the roster.
  • So, I have a 1% chance when I meet a musician that they will be a brass player who is interested and willing to be added to the roster.

WOODWIND

  • 35% are women
  • 65% are men
  • 85% express interest (yes) or possible interest (maybe)
  • 30% of these interested people are happy to be added to the roster.
  • So, I have a 5% chance when I meet a musician that they will be a woodwind player who is interested and willing to be added to the roster.

STRING

  • 53% are women
  • 47% are men
  • 80% express interest (yes) or possible interest (maybe)
  • 29% of these interested people are happy to be added to the roster.
  • So, I have a 17% chance when I meet a musician that they will be a string player who is interested and willing to be added to the roster.

 So, at this point in time, I calculate that I need to meet under 500 musicians to make a full 100 piece symphony orchestra.

Just as an indication for you, in May I met an average of 2 musicians a day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment