Thursday 13 December 2012

FINAL CHALLENGE STATS - Did I do it???

So here we are. At the end of the challenge. Well, almost. The plan is, if I've succeeded at stage 1 (form an orchestra, then we move to stage 2 (perform a concert).

I have done the counts, added the final stats, and concluded that.....

FULL DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED ON 26TH JANUARY AT O2 SHEPHERD'S BUSH EMPIRE!!

Yes. That's right. I'm not going to tell you how many people I met, or how many instruments I found or what types, but will tell you the following info:

From 1st January - 12 December, I spent 181 days, travelling to or through more than 200 stations on the London Underground.

Every time I saw someone carrying a classical musical instrument, I approached them and asked them if they wanted to join an orchestra.

Of the people I stopped, I have now confirmed that over 30 musicians have signed up to perform in the orchestra.

They play the following instruments (some musicians play more than one).

Piccolo
Flute
Oboe
Clarinet
Saxophone
Bassoon
French Horn
Alto Horn
Trumpet
Flugalhorn
Cornet
Trombone
Euphonium
Tuba
Timpani
Percussion
Violin
Viola
Cello
Double-Bass
Accordian


This Underground Orchestra will now perform with my own musicians on 26th January 2013 at O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire for one night only. Tickets can be purchased from www.121212.org.uk/tickets.

The repertoire on the night will be a mix of classical (Holst, Dvořák & Grieg), original music (www.buswellmusic.com) and a medley of music from films that have scenes filmed on the London Underground.

All proceeds from the event will go to the charity Daytrippers.

If you are unable to attend but want to support, please visit our wefund page where you can pledge funds in exchange for great merchandise & artwork.

Thank you very much all who have read my travels over the last year and lastly, huge thanks to every musician that I met over the last year and was kind enough to stop and talk to a random stranger. Over 90% of people stopped and talked to me and over 75% of people took an interest in the challenge and gave me details. This shows that in general, we as people really are a lot more wonderful than we realise.

Happy Christmas everyone and hopefully see you on 26th Jan.

Shaun
x

No comments:

Post a Comment